Monday, August 3, 2009

Are fell running shoes absolutely necessary for 3 hrs across the lake district?

I have a pair of mizuno wave 8 shoes, fairly new. I'm doing a charity run in late july across the lake district, should take about 3 hours, about 10 miles i think.





The organiser says that fell shoes would be required, do others agree.





I'm reticent as I won't use them a lot in the future.

Are fell running shoes absolutely necessary for 3 hrs across the lake district?
A couple of comments as well as questions. When does a charity run of ~10 miles take 3 hours?? The only 10 mile courses I know like that involve practically running up mountains without trails and rolling down the other sides. The mizuno wave might not have the best traction, but in all honesty, I don't think it's worth the money for another pair of shoes. I've run all sorts of terrain in all kinds of running shoes, and although you don't get the same traction from a pair of road shoes or the same cushioning from a trail shoe, they still do the job.



windows

No comments:

Post a Comment