Monday, April 20, 2009

Are New Balance good running shoes? If not, what is?

I%26#039;m going to start doing a lot of running over the summer to get in shape for cross-country. I have a pair of New Balance 406, which seem fine to me, but a lot of other kids have similar shoes and I%26#039;ve heard they%26#039;re not very good for running.





What do you recommend?





Also for cross country: what kind of spikes/ flats should I get? I only have a pair of spikes for short sprinting from spring track, however I%26#039;ve been doing the 800m a lot and my heels feel fine after.

Are New Balance good running shoes? If not, what is?
NB is good, but you have to have the right foot type. They tend to be made for wider feet (not all, though). The best way to find out is to try them b/c everyone will fit a shoe differently %26amp; a shoe that is awful for one person may be the best choice for another. Asics or Mizunos are my preferences because they are light, very comfortable, and really durable.





As for xc: definitely get different spikes, even if your heels seem to be fine. Just go to the store %26amp; ask them to show you distance spikes. For flats, the New Balances or whatever you decide on will work great.
Reply:I%26#039;m not sure, but I have some Nike Sparq shoes that I got for $60 on sale @ MC Sports, and they work great. They%26#039;re Men%26#039;s Cross Training.



sweating

No comments:

Post a Comment